Kvah Logotyp

Allhelgonakyrkan can be loosely translated as All Saints' Church. The Society for the Promotion of Ecclesiastical Soul Care had started a fund for the building of a small church in Helgalunden (The Saints' Grove) on Södermalm and in 1917 the building began.

The intention was to build a wooden church which after about 10 years would be replaced by a stone one. The architect Joel Norborg used a Swedish country church from the 18th century as his model. The church was consecrated in 1918 by Archbishop Nathan Söderblom, who also gave the church its name. The society owned the church and allowed Katarina Parish the use of it free of charge on the condition that the parish paid for operating expenses.

In 1930, when the church was in danger of being closed and torn down, the society "Friends of Allhelgonakyrkan" was founded. For many years the Friends paid the operative costs of the church and in 1958 the society received the church as a gift from the original owner. In 1972 the Friends passed on the ownership of the church to Katarina Parish.

The first concert in the chamber music series at the Allhelgonakyrkan was given in 1988. In 1999 the society KVAH "Friends of Chamber Music at Allhelgonakyrkan" (not to be confused with the earlier organization "Friends of Allhelgonakyrkan") was established.